On February 26th 2014
Sign up here.
Homespun readers/subscribers can access the digital patterns on the Homespun website. To access them, you will need to create an account. This is a separate account to Zinio/Apple ID/etc. You can also log in with Facebook.
“I haven’t received my password yet. How can I log in?”
When you create an account, WordPress/Homespun will send you an email with a password (which you can later change via your account). If you are notified that an email has been sent but you have not received the email, check your email’s junk inbox and make sure you entered the correct email address. If you still haven’t received your password, try registering again, or clicking the ‘lost password’ option on the log in page. If you still haven’t received your password, get in touch with us by email.
“How do I print the patterns?”
The patterns have been designed to be printed on A4 plain paper. When you go to print, check your printer’s preferences and ensure that there is no page scaling applied so the pattern prints at 100%.
Although we take every care to provide correct instructions for our projects, there are occasional errors printed in the magazine. Corrections for printed errors can be found on the Corrections page of the website (access from the main menu). Please check the corrections list before commencing a project.
Paper subscriptions and back issues of Homespun can be ordered through Universal Magazines.
Subscriptions and Mail Order – including back issues (toll free):
1300 303 414
0061 2 9887 0317
“I’ve made a Homespun project. How do I submit it to Readers’ Showcase?”
Each issue, we feature readers’ creations of Homespun projects in our Readers’ Showcase section. To submit, email your image/s to email@example.com along with a small blurb on your creation. Please ensure that the image/s you send are of high image quality for print. This is usually 1-2MB in file size, or larger, and 300 dpi.
“I’ve designed a project that you might be interested in publishing in Homespun. How do I submit this for your consideration?”
If you have an original design (this can include reworking of traditional designs) that you would like us to consider for publication, email your project images to Homespun’s editor, Susan Hurley.
“How do I submit an event to Diary Dates?”
Details for how to submit your event to Diary Dates are found in the Diary Dates section of the magazine.
To be in the running to win one of the prizes, on the back of the envelope or in your email, write your name and full mailing address, the draw you would like to enter, and, MOST IMPORTANTLY, write 25 words or fewer on the topic specific to the competition that you are entering. Draws are open to Australian residents only. Letters/emails must be received by the date shown. Please refer to Conditions of Entry below for full details.
Conditions of Entry
1. Entry into the competition implies full acceptance of all conditions of entry, including the instructions on how to enter.
2. Only one draw can be listed. Entry is open to all residents of Australia. Employees and immediate families of the promoter, associated companies and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. The promoter is Universal Magazines, Unit 5, 6–8 Byfield St, North Ryde NSW 2113.
3. Entries close at 5.00pm on the date specified. The entries will be judged by the Homespun editorial team and the winners will be notified by mail.
4. The prize(s) are as stated in the competition text. Prizes will be delivered to winners within four (4) weeks of notification of winning. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash.
5. Prizes are subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. Any change in value of the prize(s) is not the responsibility of the promoter.
6. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Prizes will be awarded on the basis of merit. Chance plays no part in determining the winners.
7. All entries become the property of the promoter. The entries may be entered into a database for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes, unless otherwise stated by the entrants. If you do not wish to be entered into this database, please indicate this by writing either of the following statements on your envelope or in your email, depending on your preference. Absence of your preference will be interpreted as Option 1:
Option 1: I am happy to receive future offers from Homespun and carefully vetted third parties.
Option 2: Please do not send me any further mail that does not relate to this competition.
This will not exclude you from entry to the competition. Please see privacy note below for further information.
8. Winners must agree to provide information and a photograph of themselves for editorial and publicity use.
9. No responsibility is accepted for lost, misdirected or delayed mail.
Privacy Note: With your permission, your details may be recorded so we can send you information about similar publications/services from Universal Magazines or carefully vetted third parties. Universal Magazines is committed to National Privacy Principles. We do not sell data to list brokers. If you wish to view our policy go to www.universalmagazines.com.au and look under privacy or call us on (02) 9805 0399.